Dive into #Ginuary with our Flavoursome Cocktail of the Month
Happy New Year, friends! Whilst the festive season may be over, the celebrations have only just begun here at Bullards, as we dive tastebuds first into Ginuary.
What is Ginuary?
Whilst some may have chosen to take part in Dry January this year, others (like us) may have chosen to celebrate Ginuary instead – a month-long celebration of all things juniper-based.
Ginuary is all about quality over quantity and the pleasures of discovering different ways to enjoy this wonderful spirit. Whether through samplings in store, home-made cocktails or Gin Experiences shared with friends, there are plenty of ways to discover, experiment and appreciate all the pleasures that the spirit has to offer.
To help get the celebrations started, why not get stuck into our first Cocktail of the Month for 2022 – the Earl Grey Lemon Twist.
Earl Grey Lemon Twist
Suave, sophisticated, and refreshingly bright, the Earl Grey Lemon Twist takes the complex botanicals of our Lemongrass & Citrus Gin and combines them with the floral flavouring of Earl Grey tea to make a cocktail bursting with bold citrus aromas.
- 120ml cold Earl Grey tea
- 25ml Lemongrass & Citrus Gin
- 25ml honey simple syrup (125ml water, 25ml honey in saucepan. Simmer until honey is dissolved)
- 5ml fresh-squeezed lemon juice, or a splash of Double Dutch Double Lemon mixer.
- 2 sprigs of lavender
- Brew the Earl Grey tea and store in the fridge to keep cold.
- Make a batch of honey simple syrup by heating 125ml water and 25ml honey in a saucepan and simmer until honey is dissolved. Once cool, store it in the refrigerator.
Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well until chilled.
Strain the cocktail into a rocks glass. Garnish with lavender and enjoy!
Discover More this Ginuary
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your jiggers and get exploring!